8 of the best reasons for printing on metal
Whilst today the choice of materials on which to print your photographs and artwork really comes down to personal preference, there are indeed some unique benefits of metal prints.
- The process of printing onto metal via a heat press, infuses the inks deep into the aluminium sheet, not on top of it and so will make your image on metal stand apart with it's brilliant luminescence and vibrant depth of colour.
- Photos on metal have a hard scratch resistant surface that is both waterproof and weather proof. This makes them perfect to display in most places including commercial spaces, bathrooms and humid locations.
- Metal art prints are archival and you can expect them to last more than 100 years with little sign of fading. Tests on Chromaluxe metal panels have found metal photo prints to have an archival rating three times better than Kodak silver-halide prints.
- Fine art metal prints can be easily cleaned with a soft cloth and water or glass cleaner.
- Aluminium prints are lightweight so easily hung with removable hanging strips where nails and hooks can’t be used.
- Wall art metal prints have no need to be protected with glass. A frameless display style gives metal pictures a clean, modern look.
- Large metal photo prints can still have the timeless white matt and framed look. A framed metal print requires no glass and so allows the viewer to be more in touch with the image.
- Metal prints are available in matt and gloss surfaces. The added choice of a white coated base or the original aluminium base transforms files into custom metal art prints.
Print2Metal will make your image stand apart with it's brilliant luminescence and vibrant depth of colour. By infusing inks directly into specially coated aluminium, your photos, artwork, graphics, signage and advertising will take on a unique, never before seen, crisp, clear, vivid finish.
The process is colour managed, available in ultra gloss, satin and brushed aluminium gloss or matt, with a hard scratch resistant surface that is both waterproof and weather proof, offering unparalleled archival quality.
These breathtaking metal prints are easily cleaned with a glass cleaner and microfibre cloth. Print2Metal also offer a number of unique hanging and framing methods to compliment your metal prints.